How can I build an intelligent chatbot?
What is a chatbot?
- A computer program designed to replicate conversation with human users, especially over the Internet.
- It is a computerized system to converse with users through messages, a virtual companion that links into websites, applications or instant messengers and helps entrepreneurs to get closer to customers.
Building an intelligent Chatbot
The Intelligent chatbot comes with the ability to fix a goal and work individually to achieve that goal. It works on a Sense-Think-Act cycle.
The intelligent chatbot notices the environment where it resides which is a prerequisite for getting the information required to perform a task. The intelligent chatbot listens to what the user says.
Chatbot must think of the action to take when a user places his request. If received from a user, it must convert the request into an understandable format and store it in a knowledge base.
The chatbot takes action to achieve pre-defined goals.
Chatbot thinks and takes actions by using neural networks in machine learning.
C. Quick to act
To reply to the user, a chatbot should know what action to take.
The chatbot must now type out the reply to a specific question raised by the user.
Comparing audio or video by typing out a sentence is relatively easy for a chatbot.
What are the challenges we face in building an intelligent chatbot?
There are some challenges involved in making the chatbot intelligent.
a. Context integration
Integrating context into the chatbot is the first challenge to conquer. Context can be physical or linguistic. While integrating contextual data in an intelligent chatbot, location, time, date or details about users and other such data must be integrated.
b. Coherent responses
The chatbot must be powered to answer regularly to inputs that are semantically similar. IntelligentChatbotimplements the same answer to a question like ‘Where are you from’ and ‘where do you stay’.To mix coherence into the model is more of a challenge. The solution is to train the chatbot to produce semantically consistent answers.
What are some open-source AI chatbots that use machine learning?
- Are you struggling with meeting customer satisfaction? Do you want to improve the customer engagement for your website and even get better leads?
- Having a chatbot on your website maybe the answer.
- Chatbots is the in-thing now. With chatbots, you can achieve 100% customer engagement and which business wouldn’t want that?
But with the advent of chatbots, we see the market flooded with chatbots offerings. You may be wondering which one is right for your business.
What are the different types of chatbots?
Chatbots come in two different flavors:
- Scripted bots: These are pre-programmed with simple questions and answers. They may provide a limiting experience to customers as their responses may not address the customer queries.
- AI bots: These are the bots that use machine learning. They can understand the customer’s queries, even analyze the customer's mood, and respond back with the most fitting answer. The focus of this article are these AI bots.
How does an AI Bot work?
An AI bot requires a machine-learning layer where it uses Natural language Processing (NLP) to understand a customer’s query.
It can understand the user’s query in the user’s language and interpret his tone to give the most satisfactory response.
The advent of the chatbots in the industry
So many people are in the market for chatbots now and also, there are many products on the market which would meet the customer’s demand.
In this article, we will discuss some open-source chatbot offerings in the market that use AI and machine learning.
Microsoft Bot Framework
- The Bot Framework includes Bot Builder to give you the tools you need to develop bots.
- The system consists of the Bot Connector, Developer Portal, and Bot Directory.
- The framework provides the Direct Line REST API. This can be used to host a bot in an application or website.
- It supports automatic translation to more than 30 languages.
- It is open source and available to all on Github.
- You can also incorporate Microsoft Language Understanding Intelligent Service (LUIS) for NLP, Cortana for voice, and the Bing APIs for search.
- Any person without any knowledge of coding can create his/her own bot on Facebook Messenger using Chatfuel.
- Chatfuel lets users link to external sources via plugins.
- It provides great features like adding content cards and sharing it with your followers. From your Messenger chats, Chatfuel can collect information using forms. For users more comfortable with chatting, it lets users request info and interacts with your bot with buttons.
- It also provides Artificial Intelligence(AI) technology for scripting interactive conversations. Using AI,it recognizes user’s questions and providesthem with the correct response.
- You can also create an AI chatbot in Facebook with Chatfuel.With the help of plugins, you can create your own chatbot.
- Soon, the platform will allow third-party plugins, so users can contribute with their own plugins.
- Chatfuel created bots are more than 360,000 in number and used by 17 million people globally.
- By building a bot in Telegram, you can easily run the bot in the Telegram application itself.
- The company recently open-sourced their chatbot code, therefore people can now integrate with it to create bots of their own.
- Users can use the Telegram API and this will enable them to send alerts, reminders, news and even customized notifications.
- Telegram chatbots can also integrate with Githuband YouTube.
- Botkit is a toolkit which helpsdevelopers to make bots for Facebook Messenger, Slack, Twilio, and more.
- BotKitmaps out the way humans speak and can be used to create applications that can converse.
- Botkit includes a variety of useful tools, like Botkit Studio and boilerplate app starter kits. It also has a core library, and plugins to extend your bot.
- Botkit is a community-supported open-source software that is available on GitHub.
What are the best (AI) chatbots available online?
If you want to drive higher sales, generate more leads and rank higher in customer engagement and satisfaction, you must implement a chatbot for your website.
A chatbot is a computer program that employs Artificial Intelligence(AI) to give smart answers to your users. Intelligent chatbots can often be mistaken for humans and what’s more, they are available 24*7 and never get sick!
What are some of the best chatbots available online?
Seeing the interest in chatbots, a lot of companies are hopping on the bandwagon to get an AI bot ready. These chatbots can easily be integrated with your website and you will rest in peace knowing that a customer will never bounce away from your site due to a lack of customer engagement.
AI bots can be so smart, they will recognize your customer's preferences and even greet them in their preferred language.
So, let’s look at some of the best chatbots available in the market today:
Google Allo and Chatbase
A smart chatbot is an asset to any organization. Using a chatbot increases customer satisfaction and therefore converts into leads. We at Ad2Brand.com, have a chatbot offering for your needs.
Contact us today to get a Quotation!