How Cloud Computing differs from Local Computing?
Cloud computing refers to storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet for online access. In contrast, Local Computing involves the same on your personal computer's hard drive. The cloud is just an allegory for the Internet.
What are the characteristics of cloud computing?
Cloud computing is part of our life in today’s era of technology. The different areas it touches are:
- Scalable Usage
- Business Process
- Backup and recovery
- Application development
- Test and development
- Big data analytics
- Social Networking
1. What is meant by scalability in cloud computing?
With the help of Cloud computing, scalable resources can be used through various online subscription models. This means that user will be paying for only those computing resources those are used. E.g. Amazon Prime subscription would be used only for the demands of the user, not depending on what all resources are available there.
2. How do Chatbots use Cloud technology?
Chatbots are cloud-based natural-language intelligent robots which are designed to understand human language, its expressions and answer accordingly. These chatbots personalize the context related to past experience of the user and store it on the cloud which improves the effectiveness of the next search.
Siri, Alexa and Google Assistant are the examples of such Chatbots.
3. What is cloud-based communication?
Emails, calendars, messaging and calling apps like Skype and WhatsApp are the cloud-based tools to enjoy network-based access to communication.
4. How Does Productivity increase with Cloud Computing?
People think whether Google Drive a form of cloud computing? The answer is, “Office tools like Microsoft Office 365 and Google Docs use cloud computing”. It allows you to use your data online from any gadgets, the most-productive tools over the internet.
5. How does Cloud Computing help Business Process?
Cloud service provider hosts many business management applications like customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP). This is called Software as a Service (SAAS) which has become a popular method for deploying enterprise level software.
Salesforce, Hubspot, Marketo etc. are popular examples of this model.
6. What is the cloud back up? What is disaster recovery in the cloud?
When the user’s data is stored in the cloud, the service provider is responsible for data. The data is backed up regularly by the SP, even if you change your device or format it, the data would be recovered. The popular examples of cloud backup solutions are Dropbox, Google Drive and Amazon S3.
8. How Cloud Computing reduces the cost for test and development?
The cloud provides an environment to reduce cost and launch apps in the market faster. Developers can set up and tear down their testing or development environments on the cloud instead of using physical hardware. LoadStorm and BlazeMeter are popular testing tools.
9. How is Big Data & cloud computing related?
Big Data: Handling of very, very large amount of data which is not possible with traditional systems is referred to Big Data. This includes collection, storage, search, analysis, visualization of the data.
Cloud computing: Cloud Computing allows the vast data stored worldwide to be available on one click and accessible whenever needed for computing.
Big Data and Cloud Computing are like they are made for each other.
10. Is cloud computing an example of a social networking site?
Social Media uses the power of the cloud to free end-users from owning, maintaining, and storing software and data. Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, Twitter, and many other social networking sites use cloud computing.
Which are the examples of cloud service providers?
The big names in the world of cloud computing are Amazon and Rackspace.
Other players in the cloud area are
- Microsoft (Azure)
- Verizon (which acquired Terremark)
- San Francisco infrastructure-as-a-service provider which major used by real-time web and mobile applications.
- Century Link
- Cloud Computing is the next generation technology which not only opens new doors to technology but also made the commoner’s life smooth and hassle-free.
- As you can see, cloud computing can be applied to various industries and will prove invaluable to your business.
- Visit us at Ad2Brand and learn how we apply cloud computing to provide you with context-aware computing, help you with the web design and architecture of your website.
- We also provide webcast and live streaming services.
To Know More
Please feel free to know more about our services related to Cloud Computing and its advantages in the online world of Marketing.